Wethersfield SEPTO: Special Education Parent Teacher Organization
Click HERE to join our mailing list or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.
Wethersfield Special Education Parent Teacher Organization (SEPTO) began in Fall 2019. SEPTO is a child advocacy group with the mission to educate, support, and empower parents and families of students with special needs.
WHAT IS A SEPTO?
- SEPTO is a PTO for people who have a stake in the education and advancement of children with special needs.
- A SEPTO can encompass an entire school district, an entire community or several communities.
- SEPTO exists to educate, support and empower parents and families.
- SEPTO promotes public understanding of special education and strives to enrich the lives of children.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF A SEPTO?
- To ensure that all children receive an education that enables them to reach their full potential.
- To bring together parents, families and educators in order to share their experiences.
- To inform parents about special education, including how to advocate for their children and collaborate with their school team.
- To educate legislators, school boards and the public about the importance of special education programs.
- To improve the lives of children and families by providing for their cultural, social and physical enrichment.
- To advocate for children and their right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
Wethersfield SEPTO is a chapter of the Connecticut Special Education PTO Alliance.
WHO ARE SEPTO MEMBERS?
Parents, family members, teachers, professionals, friends, and anyone with an interest in advocating for children with special needs.