WECC, with the support of the United Way, is starting a new program. WECC and partners will trained 10 Community Messengers on a variety of topics related to Wethersfield including:
- United Way programs: 211, ALICE SAVES, VITA, and Care4Kids
- Wethersfield Public Schools – How to register for school, WPS website, and who to contact with questions about school
- Wethersfield Public Library – Programs and Services
- Social, Youth, and Senior Services – Food Pantry, Energy Assistance, Mental Health Services, School supplies and Holiday Gift/Food drives
- Employment resources – American Job Centers and Goodwin University Programs
- Recreation activities available to all ages – how to learn about them, how to sign up
And much MORE!
Are you interested in being a Community Messenger? WECC is currently looking for people who would be interested in learning these skills (free of charge) and then letting their friends, neighbors, and family members know about what they have learned. In this way, we hope to better connect our residents to the remarkable programs and services that abound in our town!
Training classes will take place Thursday nights:
Messengers will be compensated for their time. Dinner and child care is provided at all training classes.
All you need is a commitment to attend all training classes and a 6 month commitment to “getting the word out” plus a great attitude and an interest in not only helping your neighbors and friends, but probably learning a lot yourself!
To apply to become a Community Messenger, click HERE.
We are looking forward to starting this exciting new program for Wethersfield!