Wethersfield SEPTO: Special Education Parent Teacher Organization
Click HERE to join our mailing list or contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
STAY TUNED! Wethersfield Special Education Parent Teacher Organization (SEPTO) is launching in Fall 2019. SEPTO is a child advocacy group with the mission to educate, support, and empower parents and families of students with special needs.
WATCH THIS SPACE for more info and resources to come!
WHAT IS A SEPTO?
- SEPTO is a PTO for people who have a stake in the education and advancement of children with special needs.
- A SEPTO can encompass an entire school district, an entire community or several communities.
- SEPTO exists to educate, support and empower parents and families.
- SEPTO promotes public understanding of special education and strives to enrich the lives of children.
WHAT ARE THE GOALS OF A SEPTO?
- To ensure that all children receive an education that enables them to reach their full potential.
- To bring together parents, families and educators in order to share their experiences.
- To inform parents about special education, including how to advocate for their children and collaborate with their school team.
- To educate legislators, school boards and the public about the importance of special education programs.
- To improve the lives of children and families by providing for their cultural, social and physical enrichment.
- To advocate for children and their right to a free and appropriate public education in the least restrictive environment.
Wethersfield SEPTO is a chapter of the Connecticut Special Education PTO Alliance.
WHO ARE SEPTO MEMBERS?
Parents, family members, teachers, professionals, friends, and anyone with an interest in advocating for children with special needs.